The HSE’s Older Persons Integrated Care Team is running a course on “Practical Skills for Family Carers” in Clonskeagh Hospital, Dublin 6. The course runs for seven sessions from January 23rd to 6 March 2018 from 2pm to 3pm. This practical skills course is designed for family carers, looking after family members in their homes. The sessions are interactive to assist you to become confident and resilient carers.
The topics of the seven sessions are as follows:
- January 23rd: Understanding the Ageing Process
- January 30th: Hydration and Nutrition for the Older Person
- February 6th: Moving and Handling in the home incorporating safety in the home
- February 13th: Continence Promotion and managing incontinence
- February 20th: Caring for the Older Person at home
- February 27th: Entitlements, benefits, supports and services for family carers
- March 6th: Caring for yourself, enhancing wellbeing and stress management.
The HSE information booklet on Practical Skills for Family Carers can be downloaded here
The venue for the course is: The Memory Harbour Meeting Room, HSE Clonskeagh Hospital, Dublin 6.
For further information and bookings please contact Fiona Duffy on (01)2680314 or email email@example.com